Breastfeeding is one of the best things a new mother can provide for her child. It has long-term effects, like a strong immune system. Also, breastfeeding createsan unbreakable bond between the mother and the infant, something that each mother craves for. However, there are situations when breastfeeding is not possible. For example, the mother does not produce enough milk, or maybe she has to get to work but still wants to provide the child with the valuable breast milk. One of the solutions for that is to use the best hospital grade breast pump she can find.
What is a hospital grade breast pump?
You may have heard about breast pumps, it is impossible not to. However, a hospital grade breast pump is a bit different. The explanation is a little more complex than you would expect. As you may already know, breast pumps are recognized by the Food and Drug Administration as medical devices. However, the FDA does not recognize the terminology of a hospital grade breast pump. That is why there is this confusion among women. So what is a hospital grade breast pump? In simple terms, it is a multiple user breast pump. The difference between this one and a regular breast pump is that the former has a closed system and is very safe for mothers to share.
The fact that this pump has a closed system makes possible for hospitals to use them. Instead of buying pumps for every mother, which is not very cost efficient, the hospital buys a few of these so more mothers can benefit from it.
The benefits of a hospital grade breast pump
As you can imagine, a hospital grade breast pump holds many benefits for the user, as well as for the baby. There have been multiple studies to back up this information, which is why this device is so highly appreciated. Here are a few of the benefits I was talking about.
- Ease of use – hospital grade breast pumps are very easy to use. They come with very clear instructions, and if you are in the hospital, a nurse can teach you how to get the hang of it. Even so, many women buy this device for their homes, and they do not have issues in using it. The process is quite straightforward.
- Shorter pumping time – unlike regular breast pumps, a hospital grade breast pump has a more powerful motor. That means the time spent hooked to the machine will be shorter. That is always an advantage, no matter the situation.
- It is quieter – it is a know fact that hospital grade breast pumps are quieter than the regular ones. The technology used made that possible, which is a huge advantage. It is better for both the mother and the child.
- It is the best in various medical situations – some babies have trouble latching, or even more common, mothers do not have enough milk to satisfy the baby’s hunger. It is scientifically proven that a hospital grade breast pump has the ability to increase the quantity of milk that a mother produces. That way the mother can pump efficiently, and the baby doesnot become frustrated. In fact, frustration is on both sides in that case, so it is a win-win situation.
The purpose of this article is to inform you as best as possible on this topic. That is why I believe it is necessary to read about the drawbacks of the hospital grade breast pump as well. Here are the most notable.
- Portability – since hospital grade breast pumps are a bit heavier and larger than the regular pumps, they are not easily portable. That can prove to be a bit difficult for moms who go back to work and want to pump while they are at work.
- Expensive – a hospital grade breast pump can start from a couple hundreds of dollars to a couple of thousands. Even renting one for a certain amount of time can extend your baby budget.
- Renting is a bit risky – since they have a closed system, hospital grade pumps are available for rent. However, that does not mean they do not need to be sterilized. Trusting a provider is difficult, which is why you need to be extra careful with where you rent the device from.
- Renting is not always a part of your insurance plan – while some insurance companies cover the cost of a hospital grade breast pump renting, some of them do not. That is why you need to make sure that you are all covered before making this step.
No matter what decision you make, speak to your doctor first. He or she will be able to give you reliable advice on what steps to take and what your needs are. Avoid relying on other women’s advice. Circumstances vary, and what is best for them may not be the best for you.
Make your breast pumping a comfortable experience
Breast pumping is not the loveliest of experiences. However, there are ways that can help your turn this boring activity in something more of a ‘you time.’ Here are a few tips shared by women who have already gone through it and learned how to make their breast pumping more enjoyable.
- Have a snack – when your body produces food for another human being, it needs supplies. Your calories are going down the drain, almost literally, which is why you need to refuel. Have a snack while the pump is working so that you can replace what is being pumped out of you. And let’s not forget that snacks always make people feel good, which is perfect for you. Just make sure to not over-indulge. You want to keep your energy levels up, not gain weight.
- Hands-free bras – as a pregnant woman, there is no possible way you do not know about hands-free bras. They have a design that will hold the milk containers so that you do not have to. Your hands are free to do whatever you want. You can read a book or a magazine, play on your phone, and much more. Your hands are your own to use how you see fit.
- Find a happy place – the best place to use the breast pump is somewhere quiet and lovely. Find your zen and pump in silence. It can have a positive effect on you, especially if you are feeling stressed. Actually, you have just had a baby, so of course, you feel stressed. Find a happy place and pump there. It will make you feel better.
What are the best hospital grade breast pumps?
There are various models out there that should be able to satisfy your needs. If you do not know which one to choose, here are three excellent suggestions that should be of help.
Spectra USA S2 Hospital Grade Double/Single Breast Pump
Spectra S2 comes as a follow-up for S1, which has been one of the best breast pumps on the market. However, the manufacturer improved the model and released the S2. And this one is even better. It has many helpful features that will improve your experience by making things easier. As the title suggests, this is a double hospital grade breast pump, which will come in handy when thetime is of the issue. It goes without saying that the machine is electric
The Spectra S2 has a closed system, which makes it very hygienic for you and the baby. The package includes a tote bag that will make the device easy to carry around, and a cooler so that the milk stays fresh for longer. The device has a powerful motor, but at the same time, it will be gentle on your breasts. The suction is adjustable so that you can choose the speed that is comfortable for you. The machine comes with a night light and timer.
Even if this device has a powerful but gentle motor, it will make very little sound. It comes with a letdown mode, and the program is fully adjustable. Your body will dictate how this breast pump works. The kit contains the breast pump, a double collection kit with backflow protectors, two collection bottles, AC power adapters, two 24 mm breast flanges, locking rings and discs, two valves, and two tubes. This kit includes everything for a successful breast pumping on the go. Thousands of moms can confirm the fact that this machine isone of the best. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Gland Nibble Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump
This is yet another model which proves that hospital grade breast pumps can be portable. It has been designed for busy moms who need or want to work but still want to provide breast milk for their babies. You can use this pump on both breasts at once to minimize the time you spend hooked up to the pump. That will also save power.
The Nibble comes with a big screen that will display the time and the chosen mode. It makes very little noise so that you can use it at night if you like. There are two modes available. One is gentle massage, and the other one is pumping. You can choose from ten levels of suction power so that you can feel comfortable. The motor is powerful, but at the same time, it will be as gentle as possible with your breasts. You will not feel a thing.
The kit includes multiple items. You get the pump machine, two milk bottles, two suction pipes, to bottle stands, two nipples, two silicone tubes, and two silicone tube covers. The machine is very easy to maintain, and you will have a wonderful experience using it. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Medela Symphony Hospital Grade Breast Pump with Rechargeable Battery
The Medela breast pump is in another league. It has some features that few breast pumps can compete with. It is designed with a 2-phase expression technology (patented by Medela.) This technology mimics a baby’s natural nursing rhythm. That will make you produce enough milk for your baby, but at the same time, you will maintain the same quantity over time. This is, indeed, one of the best hospital grade breast pumps on the market.
The downside of this breast pump is that it is a little bulky, so carrying it around may not prove to be as easy as with the other two pumps I presented. However, not all moms take the pumps with them. You can use this device for single or double pumping. It comes with two independent membrane units. That means you can switch from single to double pumping by simply applying or removing the second collection kit. The programs are adjustable for your comfort.
Other features include a let-down button that will help moms stimulate the milk production. One of the features that you will love is that this machine can function on batteries. The kit includes a set of rechargeable batteries, a Symphony program card, a container stand, one quick start card, and instructions. The carrying case andthe breast pump kit are sold separately. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Looking at all three products and reading what moms have to say, I must choose the Spectra USA S2 Hospital Grade Double/Single Breast Pump. It is affordable, it has many helpful features, and it will improve your experience a great deal. In my opinion, this is one of the best hospital grade breast pumps that you can get your hands on, which is why I strongly recommend it.
Breast milk is vital for a new born. We all know the effects of breastfeeding in the first months of life, which is why women go to such extents to provide the valuable milk for their babies. A breast pump will solve some issues for you, and one of the products described above will do an excellent job. All you have to do is pick one. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Solutions for Spectra Pump
- Breast Pump Rental Reviews & Tips
- The Dirty Facts About Spectra S2
- Why People Aren’t Discussing Best Breast Pump
- Top Spectra Breast Pump Secrets
- The Idiot’s Manual to Electric Breast Pump Hire Explained
- The Benefits of Hospital Grade Breast Pump
- The Battle Over Rent Medela Symphony and How to Win It
- Choosing Hire Breast Pump
- Why Everybody Is Completely Mistaken Regarding Medela Breast Pump Rental and Why You Should View This Article Immediately
- The One Thing to Do for Medela Breast Pump Hire
- Unknown Facts About Hospital Grade Electric Breast Pump
- What You Don’t Know About Rent a Breast Pump Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Things You Should Know About Medela Symphony Pump
- The Demise of Medela Breast Pump Hospital Grade
- Vital Pieces of Hospital Grade Breast Pump for Sale
- The Basic Facts of Rent Hospital Grade Breast Pump
- Top Spectra Breast Pump Reviews Tips!
- One of the Most Disregarded Options for Hospital Grade Medela Breast Pump
- The Most Incredibly Disregarded Solution for Spectra S2 Parts
- Unusual Facts About Spectra Breast Pump S2 Uncovered by the Experts
- Medela Hospital Grade Breast Pump Guide
- Top Spectra S1 Tips!
- What You Should Do About Medela Hospital Grade Pump Starting in the Next Seven Minutes
- What to Expect From Rent Breast Pump?
- The Basics of Symphony Medela
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Hospital Grade Pump
- Where to Find Breast Pump Hospital Grade
- What the In-Crowd Won’t Tell You About Hospital Grade Breast Pump Rental
- Ideas, Formulas and Shortcuts for Symphony Breast Pump
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Hospital Breast Pump and How It Can Affect You
- How to Choose Medela Symphony Rental
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Spectra S2 Breast Pump…The Simple Truth Revealed
- The Rise of Breast Pump Hire
- Medela Symphony Breast Pump – What Is It?